- Event date: 28/06/2019
North East Branch / Events
North East branch AGM and training event - "Pensions, profits and progress!"Event date: 16/05/2019
The branch are delighted to invite members to our AGM and a training event immediately afterwards. This will take place at Gateshead Civic Centre on Thursday 16th May 2019 from 2.00pm – 4.30pm.
The branch are delighted to invite members to our AGM and a training event immediately afterwards.
Details are as follows:
LLG North East branch AGM and Training Event: "Pensions, Profits and Progress!"
Speakers: Wesleyan Financial Services, Helen Lynch (Durham Council) and DWF law firm
Venue: Council Chamber, Civic Suite, Gateshead Civic Centre, Gateshead, NE8 1HH
Date/Time: Thursday 16th May 2019 2.00pm – 4.30pm (registration and refreshments from 1.30pm)
The main event will be a presentation from DWF law firm on their recent report on commercialisation for local authorities.
Their interactive session will cover topics including:
- What the options are for commercialisation and the different legal models available
- Practical issues to consider
- Utilising property assets
- What we can learn from the successes and failures so far
- The areas in which local authorities expect additional revenues in the future
Alexander Rose, Director - https://uk.dwf.law/en/People/Find-a-lawyer/2017/A/Alexander-Rose
James Lupton, Partner - https://uk.dwf.law/en/People/Find-a-lawyer/2017/J/James-Lupton
- Lee Pickett, Partner - https://www.dwf.law/People/Find-a-lawyer/2017/L/Lee-Pickett
We also look forward to hearing from:
- Wesleyan Financial Services, who will be discussing your personal pension arrangements; and
- Helen Lynch, Head of Legal and Democratic Services at Durham County Council and national LLG lead for governance. Helen will be discussing career progression and sharing her story.
- 13:30 Registration for 14:00 start
- 14:00 – 14:15 AGM
- 14:15 – 14:30 'Pensions – Making the most of your pension benefits, and the pros and cons of the AVCs' - Wesleyan Financial Services
- 14:30 - 14:50 'Progress – Career progression in local government' - Helen Lynch, Head of Legal and Democratic Services, Durham Council
- 14:50 - 15:00 Coffee break
- 15:00 – 16:15 'Profits – Commercialisation for local authorities, safeguarding the future of local public service delivery' - Alexander Rose, James Lupton and Lee Pickett (DWF)
There is all day visitor parking available at the Civic Centre (pay and display).
If you wish to attend please email email@example.com. Attendance is FREE but places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
If you reserve a place and then cannot or no longer wish to attend please inform us reasonably in advance to ensure that we cater for the correct numbers.
LLG North East branch