Adults Social Care Lawyer (1 Year FTC for Maternity cover) - London Borough of Lambeth
Starting Salary: £39,462 pa rising in annual increments to £48,576 pa incl LW
Lambeth Legal Services prides itself in providing an excellent legal advice service to its clients and is Lexcel and ISO accredited. We are seeking a hardworking and resilient lawyer to join a busy and dynamic Social Care legal team.
This is an exciting opportunity to deal with an interesting workload and advise senior clients. The role will involve conducting a full caseload of adults and community care/ Care Act 2014 matters including Court of Protection and Mental Health Act, DOLS advice and applications, defending judicial review challenges including adults, age assessment and s.17/20 Children Act 1989 challenges and leaving care. As an in-house social care lawyer, with a focus on adult social care, you will also be responsible for making a positive contribution to the continuous improvement in the quality and cost effectiveness of the service.
The successful applicant:
* A qualified solicitor, barrister or FILEX
* Extensive knowledge and experience of adult social care legislation and practice and awareness of forthcoming changes in law and practice.
* Experience of handling own caseload and working with minimal supervision
* Experience of working in a busy local authority setting
* Good knowledge of local government and public sector law affecting social care and health
* Experience of solving legal problems and creatively applying untested legal principles where appropriate
* Some advocacy experience is desirable but not essential
In return we work in an innovative environment and provide a high level of administrative and paralegal support. We have flexible working from home arrangements. We use an electronic case management system, so candidates need to be highly IT literate.
How to apply
Please complete your application by using the apply button on the website link here
Do not send your CV – only fully completed application forms will be accepted
Further information on this vacancy