Child Care Law Update
Available to: Full members
Date of recording: 9th April 2016
Running time: 44 Minutes
Speaker: Graham Cole, Graham Cole, Principal Solicitor (Social Services), Luton Borough Council & LLG Specific Activity Area Lead – Children's Services and Education.
Recorded at the LLG Weekend School 2016.
This breakout session will look at:‐
- Developments in care proceedings – the continuing effect of the Re B and B‐S cases and the 'where nothing else will do' rule in relation to plans for adoption
- Use (and abuse) of section 20 of the Children Act 1989
- Proposed changes to the law on adoption and special guardianship
- Authorisations for deprivation of liberty of children – the Birmingham case
- Proposed changes to rules on court bundles
- International issues – Re N (2015)
- Travel to war zones and radicalisation
- FGM protection orders
Return to webinar list